WESTWOOD-OPOLY is coming! Get on Board! Be a Sponsor!
To mark Westwood's Sesquicentennial, a Westwood-opoly game is in the works. Westwood street names will appear, similar to the format of Monopoly. Westwood themed tokens and game cards will make the game a special souvenir of the neighborhood's 150th birthday celebration. Sponsorships are being sold for all the spaces on the board as well as other game components such as the two decks of cards (think "Chance" and "Community Chest").
- Be permanently recognized as a supporter of this 2018 "time capsule in a box"!
- Sponsor names will be printed either on the board or on other printed game component depending on type of sponsorship.
- Sponsorships may be deductible to the extent allowable by law. This project is coordinated by the Westwood Historical Society which is a 501(c)3 organization.
- I'm interested in being a sponsor !
SPONSORSHIP TYPES and NUMBER AVAILABLE:
for specific details on those still available
(Spaces, sponsorship opportunities, and prices are subject to change)
34 BOARD SPACES (Graphic of Westwood-Opoly Space Locations)
STREETS (22 available - details***) Will YOUR street be part of the game?
- Side A 5 each @ $350 (4 sold) 1 left (Epworth)
- Side B 6 each @ $300 (2 sold) 4 left
- Side C 6 each @ $250 (1 sold) 5 left
- Side D 5 each @ $200 (2 sold) 3 left
HISTORIC WESTWOOD (4 available)
- $250 Cincinnati & Westwood Railroad (sold)
- $250 Werk Castle
- $250 James N. Gamble Home
- $250 Westwood Brick Yard
"TAXES" & "UTILITIES" (4 available)
- $250 each
(potential: Tree Assessment, Sidewalk Assessment, Water Towers, other?)
CORNERS (4 available)
ADDITIONAL SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
CARD DECKS (2 available - each includes 14 cards plus 3 board spaces)
- $500 Gamble! (similar to "Chance" cards in Monopoly)
- $500 Neighborhood Block Watch (similar to "Community Chest" cards in Monopoly)
WESTWOOD INSTITUTIONS and ICONIC BUILDINGS (Approximately 20)
This option is for Westwood churches, schools and other institutions
Graphic representation of the buildings will be incorporated into the graphics at the center of the board
GAME TOKENS (6 available)
- $100 for each token or $600 for set of all six
WESTWOOD SUPPORTERS! (No Limit. Goal: at least 50)
All sponsors at this level will have their name printed on game material (likely graphics on bottom of box or on tray card inside of box). Includes option to add name in memory of someone.
SPONSORSHIP - General information
- Sponsorships are first come first serve
- Sponsors can be individuals, organizations, businesses, or groups of people joining together (ex: 10 people giving $20 each for $200 sponsorship). Group sponsorships must have one contact person and submits payment at one time.)
- Sponsors at $200 level or higher will receive a game ($30 value)
- $100 Sponsors will receive a coupon for $5 off purchase of game.
- Once at least half of sponsorships have been sold, invoices will be issued to those who committed to a sponsorship. Payment must then be submitted within 30 days (unless special arrangements are made). If payment is not received, the item will become available for others to buy.
- Money raised from sale of sponsorships will go toward Sesquicentennial expenses. If enough money is raised, it will go toward a Sesquicentennial commemorative project in the community, possibly on Westwood Town Hall grounds.
4 streets are preassigned to Side A of the board and are for sale at $350 (Harrison, Werk, Epworth, Montana). 18 other streets are available for naming rights. Streets can be selected from the suggested list and purchased for any side of the board where spaces are still available. Other street names will be considered, subject to approval by Westwood-Opoly Board.
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Once a side of the board is sold, streets will be randomly assigned a spot on that side. For an additional 10%, purchaser can preference a spot on their assigned side, first come, first serve (subject to availability). Any remaining properties on that side will be assigned randomly.
Eugenie (Sold!) SIDE D
Geyer Woods (Sold!) SIDE A
Harrison (Sold!) SIDE A
Montana (Sold!) SIDE A
Pickbury (Sold!) SIDE C
Queen City (Sold!) SIDE B
Ratterman (Sold!) SIDE D
Urwiler (Sold!) SIDE B
Werk (Sold!) SIDE A
Westwood Northern Blvd