Westwood Sesquicentennial - 2018
Residents in the area that is now Westwood, filed incorporation papers on September 14,1868, to form the Village of Westwood. Now the largest neighborhood within the City of Cincinnati, Westwood will mark its 150th year as an official community in 2018. A perfect reason for a year round celebration! Check out the calendar of events and activities
throughout the Sesquicentennial year.
WESTWOOD's BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
Saturday, September 15
11 am until 2 pm
Westwood School Grounds
(Montana and Harrison Avenues)
Activities for all ages
(children must be accompanied by an adult)
Add your signature to a proclamation
Happy Birthday serenade at noon
Help gather as many voices as possible - bring neighbors and friends!
Free cake and iced cream will follow while supplies last
Food and beverages available for purchase
Feel free to bring gifts:
- Bring non-perishables for Westwood food pantries
- Bring your voice for the serenade at noon (perfect pitch or not so perfect)
- Bring your musical talent (interested in providing music during the event?)
- Create a Birthday Card -- enter the Westwood Birthday Card Contest (entries must be received by Monday, September 10). Forms available at Westwood Library, Westwood YMCA or here.
- WInners will be announced at the party.
- Volunteer your time! Voluntneers needed to help with set up,clean up, and during the party. If you or someone (or a group) you know is willing to volunteer for an hour or two, contact info@WestwoodHistorical.org or call 513-662-1156
Download a flyer and share it with others!